- Trade names: Curly Maple, Figured Maple
- Origin: North America
- Range: „Curl“, also figure, is a special form of growth occurring in only 2 to 5 % of all Maple logs. This not only holds true for the Hard Maple, but also to the Soft Maple as well as all other types of the Maple species. Range is the same as with the common types of Maple. Confusion often prevails as to the difference between the Curly and the Quilted Maple. Curl is the figured form; Quilt is the pommele type.
- Uses: Since Curly Maple belongs to the more expensive species and also is not often to be found, use is restricted to exclusive furniture, interior decorating and objets d’art, e.g. writing utensils, bowls, etc. In addition, the wood has long been used for the production and decoration of musical instruments. Due to its rareness, this species cannot be produced in quantities such as for large furniture production, etc.
Can be manufactured as sliced and peeled veneer.
- Character: Highly decorative on account of its strong figure. Especially when finished in a high gloss surface.
- Particularities: The professionally processed wood has very plastic and three-dimensional pictures. The wood is also used in inns. The table tops are made of solid wood, which remains traditionally unpainted.
Natural product wood
Wood is a natural product, which can has colour differences and growth-related irregularities. Deviations in structure and colour are a quality feature for real wood. Growth, colour, structure and grain are unique in every tree and make every Gerber Humidor unique!
Digital illustrations of the wood samples are always only indicative picture and do not provide a guarantee.
Not all woods are available at all times and suitable for every Gerber Humidor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.