Trade name: Paldao, Neu Guinea Walnut
- Origin: Asia, South East Asia
- Occurence: The trees can be found all over South East Asia. It grows on various Pacific islands. The tree can reach heights of up to 40 meters and is supported by massive buttresses. It mainly grows in tropical lower rain forests.
- Use: Paldao is mainly used as wood for veneers. It can also be used as construction wood in interiors, for staircases and doors. Musical instruments are made of Paldao as well. For a long time, Paldao was used as a substitute for Walnut. Nowadays, however, it is considered a separate wood species, which is preferably used in interior fittings.
- Character: The main color of the wood is grey-brown, and, additionally, the wood is vertically streaked with more or less distinctive black stripes, which can be highly decorative. Especially in its figured form, Paldao is used in exclusive interior fittings with extremely beautiful results..
- Particularities: Paldao is often used as an alternative to walnut, because it has a similar beautiful texture. Particularly popular are veneers with defects in growth. Special growth characteristics characterize the tree. In the growing state, they are rather undesirable. As a veneer, ramifications and pronounced lines make the wood come alive. The veneer has lighter and darker moments that make the wood special.
Natural product wood
Wood is a natural product, which can has colour differences and growth-related irregularities. Deviations in structure and colour are a quality feature for real wood. Growth, colour, structure and grain are unique in every tree and make every Gerber Humidor unique!
Digital illustrations of the wood samples are always only indicative picture and do not provide a guarantee.
Not all woods are available at all times and suitable for every Gerber Humidor. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.